If you’re looking to find a balance between traditional camp and a stimulating classroom environment then you’ll want to look into our STARS Program.
It’s the best of both worlds for children who are enthusiastic about STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics). Campers spend their mornings engaged in intellectually challenging workshops and their afternoons participating in activities all around camp.
These sessions are designed with your child’s insatiable curiosity in mind. Each workshop is taught by a professional in their field who can effectively guide your child through the subtleties of chess, robotics, computers, rocketry, and more!
This part of the program is completely elective. Children will choose two workshops per session from a wide variety of offerings. Information regarding the workshop selection process will be sent to each family by the spring.
Rest assured there is something for everyone. See below for a list of previous offerings:
Workshops May Include
- Checkmate – An introduction to the exciting and complex world of chess.
- Computer Design – Design the transportation system, bridges or skyscrapers of the 21st century.
- Dial “M” for Mystery – Campers will examine the exploits of famous fictional detectives and learn how they solve some of their most famous cases.
- Wonderworks – Use science to create mysterious concoctions, form crystals, make silly putty, erupt volcanoes, and create natural tie-dye.
- TV & Advertising Ethics – Explore the world of video production and ethics in advertising by becoming a member of an advertising team.
- The Camp America Reporter –Students will learn to research and write news articles and feature stories. Campers will also use computers and desktop publishing software to edit their stories and design the layout.
- Adventures in the Lab – Uncover some of the mysteries of the microscopic world and of life itself.
- Junior Electronics – Develop the knowledge and skills needed to understand the amazing world of electronics.
- BSD Coding Academy – Learn the ins and outs of computer coding and website design.
- Liberty Fencing – An introduction to the art of fencing.
- Game Design – Learn how to create your very own board game.
Unlike other STEAM summer camps, we are able to offer an outstanding afternoon because we’ve been providing quality programming for the past 5 decades.
In the afternoon, campers will travel as a bunk following a schedule that includes swim, sports, drama, and performance arts. Your camper will be exposed to a wide variety of activities, socialization, and fun in our beautiful country setting.
Well planned trips to interesting local attractions are an integral part of the STARS program. These excursions will reflect your campers’ interests and act as a natural extension of workshop selections.
Previous trips have included stops at the Helicopter Museum, Camel Beach, The Turkey Hill Experience, The Crayola Factory, The Franklin Institute and so much more!
We want to make sure the STARS program is the right fit for your child. Therefore, we require 1 letter of recommendation for your child to gain entry into our STARS program.
A letter of recommendation may come from your child’s school district or another qualified professional who can identify your child as gifted/talented.
Additionally, as a part of the application process, you and your child will need to schedule an interview with our Program Coordinator.
If you want to see if your child is qualified for our program then please give our office a call at 215-822-6313